[cffi-devel] Git repositories for CFFI

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Sun Apr 1 01:48:05 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Daniel Herring <dherring at tentpost.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Liam Healy wrote:
>
>  The CFFI web page http://common-lisp.net/**project/cffi/<http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/>points to the git repository
>> http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?**p=projects/cffi/cffi.git<http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/cffi/cffi.git>,
>> but that is no longer the official git repository for CFFI, it is on github
>> now.  The cl.net
>> repo is severely out of date (master looks OK, but the  fsbv branch is
>> ancient and libffi doesn't even show).  The web page should point to
>> github, and the cl.net repo should either be deleted or synced up with
>> github.
>>

> Would it be possible for you to get push access to cl.net, rather than
> having the rest of us start following a different repository?

I do have an account on cl.net, so if the CFFI maintainers want to set it
up this way, I can certainly push to cl.net; it makes no difference to me.
I was stating what I understand to be an official decision about using
github, which happened some time ago.  The rest of your message arguing
about whether or not github is a good idea is not for me to weigh in on;
that is for Luis and the other maintainers of CFFI to address.  I was just
pointing out the unsynchronized nature of the repositories and lack of
consistency in what people see.