[cffi-devel] reloading foreign libraries

parisnight at softhome.net parisnight at softhome.net
Tue Jun 14 16:14:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'd like to be able to edit a foreign file and reload it into my lisp image
without having to restart lisp.  I am running clisp 2.47 with cffi 10.6
under XP (not my choice).  I can close-foreign-function with a T result.
However, the dll seems to still be locked from being overwritten by the
compiler.  In addition, when I try to load a slightly modified dll with a
different filename, the load-foreign-library fails with:

Unable to load foreign library (LIBRARY-15386).
 FFI:OPEN-FOREIGN-LIBRARY: Cannot open library "c:/v/site/jpars/Project3"
  [Condition of type LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-ERROR]

Anybody know how to reload a C library on XP without having to quit the lisp
interpreter?

Thanks,
Bob