[cffi-devel] CLISP with CFFI for Mac OS X

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 05:34:49 UTC 2011

Hello, I am a budding Common Lisper. I was working on a
cl-mechanize<https://github.com/joachifm/cl-mechanize>script to fill
out an HTML form when I noticed that one of cl-mechanize's
dependencies, cl+ssl <http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-plus-ssl/>, depends
on CFFI.

When I try to load cl-mechanize, which loads drakma, which loads cl+ssl, I
get the following message:

*** - CFFI requires CLISP compiled with dynamic FFI support.

The problem seems to be that ffcall is not installed. When I try to install
it with MacPorts, I get this message:

$ sudo port install ffcall
--->  Fetching ffcall
--->  Attempting to fetch ffcall-1.10.tar.gz from
http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/ffcall
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for ffcall
--->  Extracting ffcall
--->  Configuring ffcall
--->  Building ffcall
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for
details)
Log for ffcall is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_ffcall/main.log
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Here are my specs:

   - cl-mechanize 0.0 (depends on drakma)
   - drakma 1.2.3 (depends on cl+ssl)
   - cl+ssl 2007
   - Quicklisp 2010121400 (used to install common lisp packages)
   - CLISP 2.49
   - ffcall 1.10
   - MacPorts 1.9.2
   - Mac OS X 10.6.6