[cffi-devel] Passing address of pointer

Liam Healy lnp at healy.washington.dc.us
Fri Aug 26 16:19:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Martin Simmons <martin at lispworks.com>
> wrote:
> > I suspect the problem is the UUID argument, not the pointer.
> >
> > CFUUIDBytes is a struct type, i.e. you need to pass the aggregate by
> value.
> > IIRC, CFFI doesn't support that.
>
> Correct. There's a work-in-progress integration of FSBV[1] into
> CFFI[2] that adds such support via libffi. [1] might be the most
> useful to Frank if he's in a hurry.
>
> Cheers,
>
> [1] http://repo.or.cz/w/fsbv.git
> [2] https://github.com/cffi/cffi/tree/fsbv
>
> --
> Luís Oliveira
> http://r42.eu/~luis/

Just to emphasize, the standalone FSBV works, the integration project is
very early and probably doesn't even compile.  The syntax will likely change
somewhat when the integration is ready.  I just noticed that the
repo.or.czgitweb page is giving an error so I sent an email to the
admins.  There's a
mirror at
http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/gsll/fsbv.git;a=summary;js=1 but it
seems to be lagging by one commit.