[cffi-devel] Accept defcfun name as single element list

Johan Ur Riise johan at riise-data.no
Wed Sep 9 19:34:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 12:03 +0100, Luís Oliveira wrote:
> On Sep 9, 2009, at 12:38 AM, Johan Ur Riise wrote:
>
> > This is the lisp-name function
> >
> > Even if the system here is conformant with the documentation, it would
> > not hurt to allow the last two forms. I suggest to change the first
> > test
> > from (keywordp (second spec))
> > to (oddp (length spec))
>

> I'm not sure it was a good idea to allow both ("c-name" lisp-name) and
> (lisp-name "c-name"). I'm more inclined to deprecate the latter than
> add yet another special case.

That is all right, but still ("c-name") by itself in parantheses, with
no keywords, produces illegal code (defun nil ...) which made my slime /
ccl combo hang. The situation was that I had a keyword parameter for
calling convention, then I discovered that I could put that in the
define-foreign-library form, leaving a paren with one element for
defcfun name.