[cffi-devel] Purpose of libtest32.so in test suite?

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 22:09:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Jean-Claude Beaudoin
<jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com> wrote:
> What purpose does libtest32.so serve if there is a libtest.so?
> Can I simply cut out all this "32" library thing?

You can install Fedora's 32-bit cross-compilation packages or you can
indeed disable libtest32.so altogether. libtest32.so is used to test
32-bit Lisps on 64-bit systems. E.g., CMUCL does not have a 64-bit
port.

We could probably detect this situation (32-bit Lisp running on a
64-bit system) and only compile libtest32.so then.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/