[cffi-devel] *cc* for grovelling on windows+cygwin

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:58:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am running clisp on windows+cygwin., where the gcc compiler is
available as `gcc'
I am including the skeleton of proposed changes to accommodate this setup:

;;; TODO: figure out a good way to let the user specify where his
;;; compiler is.  Can already do that through the CC environment
;;; variable, but that's not very convenient on windows?
(defparameter *cc*
#+(and clisp windows cygwin) "gcc"
#+(and windows (not (and cygwin clisp))) "c:/msys/1.0/bin/gcc.exe"
;;  #+windows "c:/msys/1.0/bin/gcc.exe"
  #-windows "gcc")

The reason why I made changes specific to clisp is that I do not know
how other lisps announce their cygwin feature.

In addition, on windows it is fairly straightforward to set-up an
environment variable:  In `system properties' (accessible from
start/control panel) click on `advanced' tab, and there on the
environment variables button.  The command-line window needs to be
restarted for the changes to take effect (a total reboot should not be
necessary)

Thanks,

Mirko