[cffi-devel] cffi-tests: What is package RTEST?

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 14:57:49 UTC 2009

I am trying to run cffi-tests.asd on ECL (9.6.2 with fixes, Fedora 11 Linux,
i386)
and it ends up in the debugger stating:

There is no package with the name RTEST.

In fact it complains about this line found in strings.lisp on line 86:

(pushnew 'string.encoding.utf-16.basic rtest::*expected-failures*)

Should I understand that RTEST is meant to be a nickname of the
package loaded by (require 'rt)?  BTW, that package has name SB-RT
on ECL (and SBCL also I think) and has nicknames RT and
REGRESSION-TEST only.

Cheers,

Jean-Claude Beaudoin