[cffi-devel] Foreign-library enhancements

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Fri Jul 10 00:35:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 17:27 +0100, Luís Oliveira wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Attila Lendvai<attila.lendvai at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> :wrapper libraries are those auto-generated by cffi-grovel,
> >
> > could their name contain the word "grovel" in any way? my english is
> > lacking for this, but it would be much more intuitive than :wrapper...
>
> Another idea would be that cffi-grovel subclasses cffi:foreign-library
> and do something with that. Not sure if it's overkill, though.

I tried that too, but ATM it's useless: I got to the point where I had
the classes foreign-library, system-library and wrapper-library but only
foreign-library needed initialization(after refactoring, the other two
classes had empty initialize-instance methods). The difference
between :system and :wrapper libraries is only intentional, not factual.

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib