[cffi-devel] Foreign structures by value

Liam Healy lnp at healy.washington.dc.us
Sat Apr 11 20:02:03 UTC 2009

I have written Foreign Structures By Value (FSBV) to allow calling
foreign functions while passing or returning structures by value.  It uses
CFFI and libffi.  It currently provides two macros for users,
fsbv:defcstruct and fsbv:foreign-funcall, which are used exactly
like their CFFI counterparts.  It works for small test cases I've tried,
but probably could use some improvement.

If the keepers of CFFI are interested, I would be happy for it to
be included in CFFI.  In the meantime, it can be found here:
http://repo.or.cz/w/fsbv.git

Thank you.

Liam