[cffi-devel] A question about adding gcc flags in groveling.

elliott elliott at elliottjohnson.net
Thu Sep 25 15:45:23 UTC 2008

Attila Lendvai wrote:
>> case).  I was wondering if there is a standard way to add flags, like
>> binding cffi-grovel::*cc-flags* to a different value?
>>

> you can add :cc-flags to the asdf grovel-file entries...
>
> for details see this patch:
>
> http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=cffi-cffi;a=commit;h=20080517190231-6b9e8-24015c5ae9ef101f8e04f3c53883647d28cc135c.gz

So in this case I'd either need to modify the *cc-flags* value of the
cffi library... or modify the .asd file of net.sockets library.  At
first I was thinking that pulling additional cc-flags out of an
environmental variable would resolve the need to patch a library, but
osicat (which provides GETENV) depends on cffi and not the other way around.

I'll post to iolib-devel next as Stelian suggested.   Thanks Attila.

elliott