[cffi-devel] Greetings ..

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Fri Nov 21 14:08:19 UTC 2008

from Greg Bennett, who is trying to move a large Lisp application to Linux.

I hope to convert all the graphics routines to use OpenGL, leading me to
investigate cl-opengl. At bottom, this means I need to be able to load cffi.

This effort includes my first dealings with cffi, and also includes my
first dealings with asdf, although I have used mk-defsystem under Windows.

The attached material provides details from this effort during which
building cffi failed. I am sufficiently new to linux, asdf, and cffi
that I cannot tell  whether I face a difficulty with asdf or (not xor)
cffi. Since the break occurred in  processing
cffi.asd I have begun with the guess that it is to cffi-devel that I
might look for assistance.

With those apologies for my inexperience, I look forward to learning
from the list.

Thx in advance for all advice and assistance.

Cheers /Greg Bennett