[cffi-devel] LispWorks 5.0/5.1 and LONG-LONG support

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 04:37:54 UTC 2008

Hi, dear CFFI Developers

Since LispWorks 5.1 has been released yesterday, I can start to talk
about it.

* :long-long and :unsigned-long-long support

LispWorks 5.0 64-bit can already support :long-long and :unsigned-long-
long, but the FLI:FOREIGN-TYPED-AREF function cannot support them, and,

LispWorks 5.1 64-bit has fixed this, now FLI:FOREIGN-TYPED-AREF can
support 64-bit integers.

* LispWorks *features*

Though LispWorks cannot use a >=version like compile feature like
those in Allegro, but since LW is very stable and its version grows
very slowly (0.1/year ^_^), I think we can use #+(and lispworks-64bit
(not lispworks5.0)) to mean "LispWorks 64-bit version >= 5.1"

I attach a simple patch, which opens the 64-bit integer support on LW
5.0 & 5.1 (64-bit). Hope it can be reviewed and merged into CFFI
trunk. I'll always need these changes to compile & load IOLIB project
on 64-bit LispWorks.

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)