[cffi-devel] Bug: FF interface changed slightly in ACL 8.1

"Marc Halbrügge" marc.halbruegge at gmx.de
Mon Jan 14 16:02:14 UTC 2008

Hi!

cffi 0.9.2 doesn't work correctly with Allegro CL 8.1

There's at least one problem in with-foreign-pointer:
ACL's with-stack-fobject wants keyword arguments since 8.1
http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/current/doc/operators/ff/with-stack-fobject.htm

solution:
change line 140 in cffi-allegro.lisp from
  (ff:with-stack-fobject (,var :char :c ,size-var)
  (ff:with-stack-fobject (,var :char :allocation :c :size ,size-var)

There might be more problems, I'm just reporting the one that I stumbled upon today.

Greetings
Marc