[cffi-devel] Passing Lisp values into and back out of C?

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Wed Mar 14 04:57:54 UTC 2007

This must either be really trivial or completely impossible: suppose I
need to create an instance of a C structure that has a void* slot. I
want to fill that slot with (some representation of) an arbitrary Lisp
value so that when that structure is handed back to my Lisp code I can
get back to the Lisp object. Other than keeping my own integer->object
mapping and passing the integer to C and translating it back to the
object when I get it back, is there some easier way to do this in CFFI?

-Peter

Peter Seibel            :  peter at gigamonkeys.com
Gigamonkeys Consulting  :  http://www.gigamonkeys.com/