[cffi-devel] Your approach to debug CFFI problems (segfaults)

Christian Schuhegger Christian.Schuhegger at gmx.de
Thu Jul 26 19:08:31 UTC 2007

Hello together,

I am trying to get running the cl-alleg library:
http://cl-alleg.sourceforge.net/

But in cmucl, sbcl and clisp I either get segfaults or cause the abort
handler to be called.

My set-up is a recent debian lenny:
Linux XXX 2.6.21.070708-1354 #1 SMP
clisp 1:2.41-1
cmucl 19d-20061116-2
sbcl 1:1.0.7.0-1
slime 1:20070628-1
liballegro4.2-dev 2:4.2.0-5
cffi-070620.tar.gz

I've started to write lisp-unit test cases to track down the root of the
problem, but without success.

I would really appreciate if you could tell me about your approach to
debugging such problems.

I started to modify cl-alleg a bit, because it was originally written
for windows and if you would like to see which problems I am talking
about you can checkout the following CVS module:
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at sablaster.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/sablaster login
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at sablaster.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/sablaster co -P project-workspace/
In project-workspace/lisp/README I've put a detailed description of how
to arrive at the test situation.

I would be glad about any helping hand,
--
Christian Schuhegger