[cffi-devel] problem overriding enum types

Arthur Smyles atsmyles at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 8 02:31:11 UTC 2006

I was following the tutorial about defining new types ( http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/manual/html_node/Tutorial_002dTypes.html#Tutorial_002dTypes). When I tried to redefine the type translator for an enum type (translate-from-foreign), the type was not being changed. I took a look at the source code and discovered that translate-type-from-foreign is specialized on enum types. However, unlike the unspecialized method, this method doesn't call translate-from-foreign. Either the manual is out of date, or there is a bug here.  BTW, I am currently using the version in darcs. Thanks

Arthur