[cffi-devel] New patches: 3-Feb-2006: x86-64

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Feb 17 09:08:03 UTC 2006

James,

>Sorry... here's my train of thought: I wanted to support long long on
>CLISP either based on the version or whether it is built for a 64-bit
>target (amd64).

I'm not sure this makes sense.  I'd try this:
o if it's a 64bit machine, assume longlong has always worked (since it's equal to long).
o otherwise, check it's >2.38 (you cannot AFAIK detect the CVS number, so this check would currently fail...)

Maybe this would work for the first test?
(= (ffi:sizeof 'ffi:long) (sizeof 'ffi:int64))
In fact, that should be the precise test to detect whether longlong worked in the past: when long was used instead, there was no problem.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle