[cffi-devel] wanted: testsuite .dll

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:47:36 UTC 2006

On 2/10/06, James Bielman <jamesjb at jamesjb.com> wrote:
> "Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> writes:
>
> [ putting libtest.dll in the darcs tree ]
>
> > Strict solution: add a version number (foreign-var) to the .dll and
> > check it when loading the testsuite.  Then people will know when it
> > is outdated and hope for a new one from the CFFI site.  As I said,
> > presumably the .dll will receive seldom updates.
>
> This sounds like a reasonable plan to me---would any Windows users
> like to implement this?  I probably won't be able to get to it for
> awhile...
>
> James

Please find attached a darcs patch that adds a simple
version check in the testsuite against libtest.dll. The
actual check itself is declared via another deftest
called dll.version.check. The version string is currently
"060209" and when that needs to be changed, you
need to edit bindings.lisp and libtest.c.

Since this is my first patch for CFFI and my first time
using darcs, please do point out any mistakes that
need to be corrected and I will be happy to do so.

--
Jack Unrue