[cffi-devel] New patches: 3-Feb-2006: x86-64

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Feb 6 12:30:03 UTC 2006

James,

>Fri Feb  3 02:29:54 CST 2006  James Bielman  <jamesjb at jamesjb.com>
>  * Add CFFI-FEATURES:X86-64 and push it on *FEATURES* on AMD64 Lisps.
>  - Currently this is supported under SBCL and CLISP.

Could you please confirm my supposition that long-long works out of the box with clisp on your amd64 machine?

I'm in the process of making long-long generally work in clisp, and I need a little input.  So far, I'd presume the 64bit machines are not disturbed by the 10 year old long long code in clisp (because there, long = long long = 64bit, long-long is not used).

ffi:uint64 conversion raising an error in the MS-VC builds is a different error.  It was sort of a preprocessor confusion (HAVE_LONGLONG vs HAVE_LONG_LONG).  It should work now (but I haven't tested CVS with MSVC for the last 6 month).  I tested CLISP with MSVC about ffi:uint64 by backporting a one-line change to my 6 month old MSVC build tree.

Is there anybody listening using MS-VC with CLISP? Please contact me.

Thanks,
	Jorg Hohle.