[cffi-devel] Problem with SDL_Init using CFFI with Clisp in Windows 98

Jeremy Smith jeremy at decompiler.org
Wed Feb 1 19:27:19 UTC 2006

"Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jeremy Smith wrote:
> >CFFI-based SDL
> >module does not work on Windows 98 under Clisp. I just tested it on my
> >Windows 98 laptop (P166 :-) and it says the same thing. "FFI:
> >FOREIGN-LIBRARY-FUNCTION: No dynamic object named 'SDL_Init' in library
> >:DEFAULT"

Sorry folks, I looked on the web for 'cffi-devel' and all I could find
was the list's email address in 3d letters! No subscribe information. So
I emailed that. It doesn't help that it's called "Aphora" or something,
when people are looking for cffi.

Anyway, I thought the email had got lost in the system, so I didn't give
an update. It just popped up on the list one day, and I didn't have time
to refute it.

The update is, Frank Buss has fixed the problem in Clisp, but there are
still issues with CFFI not specifying DLL names explicitly.

Cheers,

Jeremy.