[cffi-devel] Recent changes: darwin/ppc32 alignment, etc..

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:09:29 UTC 2005

Hello,

So, the alignment in structures is now correctly calculated under
darwin/ppc. I made every cffi-sys implementation push :darwin
and :ppc32 into features in order to implement this "portably."

I wonder if it would make sense to define a set of machine/os
features that every cffi-sys implementation should push into
*features* (if not present already) for the benefit of CFFI users.
Ie. being able to say #+darwin instead of #+(or macos macosx darwin-
target etc..).

Changelog follows:

Mon Nov 14 19:41:20 WET 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * darwin/ppc32 ABI structure alignment

   - Normalize the different implementation features (:powerpc, :macos,
     :macosx32) into :ppc32 and :darwin.
   - Force Allegro, CLISP, Lispworks, SBCLto return 8 as :double's
     alignment on darwin/ppc32
   - Correctly calculate alignments for darwin/ppc32's strange ABI.
   - New tests: STRUCT.ALIGNMENT.[567].

Fri Nov  4 23:21:43 WET 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * Manual: OpenMCL fails FOREIGN-GLOBALS.SET.LONG-LONG

Fri Nov  4 23:03:05 WET 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * New test foreign-globals.set.long-long

Fri Nov  4 20:28:43 WET 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * Add missing information about SBCL on linux/ppc

Fri Nov  4 20:05:31 WET 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * Add information about linux/ppc to the manual.

Fri Nov  4 12:16:05 WET 2005  Luis Oliveira <loliveira at common-lisp.net>
   * pointer-address was exported twice from cffi-uffi-compatt

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/