[cffi-devel] bits from a new tutorial

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Dec 22 17:42:38 UTC 2005

>Agreed. Still, the ability to call varargs functions seems to be
>useful. Namely, James is working on an Objective-C bridge on top of
>CFFI that uses this functionality.
Are you sure that is varargs or do you mean polymorphism, i.e. each different signature has a different entry point (address), but they are still refered under an identical name?

That remembers me with the stdcall calling convention & name decoration on MS-Windows, where there are two versions of the gd.dll: one with typical C names, another with things like "@8" appended, when there are 8 bytes worth of arguments.

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.