[cffi-devel] why does cffi not use CLISP's long-long/int64?

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 17:17:58 UTC 2005

On 2005-dec-22, at 16:09, Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril wrote:
> I see. I can't remember seeing a bug-report on the clisp
> sourceforge bug tracker, nor in the mailing lists.
> Actually, there's currently a general problem with long-long as
> ffi:s/uint64: it's completely incompatible. I realized this
> yesterday only (also Pascal Bourguignon gave some hints one year
> ago, which I did not understand).

Well, reading the docs what I assumed is that uint64 is only
supported on 64 bit platforms.

> Yes. Excuse me, I didn't look closely enough to see that you use
> two plist items with this patch. Actually, I wouldn't bother
> freeing them when they can occur at top-level only.

I suppose it might be a good idea when developing and redefining
callback. Why leak when we can avoid it?

> Is darcs pull --dry-run the answer?

Can't think of a better answer from the top of my head.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/