[cffi-devel] [patch] cffi-sys-spec Texinfo idioms

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 04:46:07 UTC 2005

On 2005-dec-19, at 19:47, Stephen Compall wrote:
> http://csserver.evansville.edu/~sc87/cffi/cffi-sys-spec.texinfo.
> 1s11.patch is the patch, also attached.

Great, this was my first time using Texinfo and I certainly missed a
couple of idioms. Thanks!

I didn't change the formatting of the comments in the examples since
that didn't come out right in the HTML output, possibly because of
the colorize script.

> http://csserver.evansville.edu/~sc87/cffi/ChangeLog.cffi-sys-
> spec.texinfo.1s11 is a changelog, formatted as ChangeLog-luis is in
> the tarballs directory.  Its contents also follow.
>
> Please let me know if there is a better/preferred way to do this,
> particularly as I am unfamiliar with darcs.

I'm also a darcs newbie myself as this was my first project using it.
I think sending a normal patch is just fine but darcs also has its
own patch format which among other stuff will contain the changelog
message itself. I suppose it would go something like this:

   (make changes)
   darcs record
   darcs send -uo some.darcs.patch

Publishing your tree somewhere where we could "darcs pull" the patch
would also work well.

Anyway, thanks for your patch!

--
Luís Oliveira