[cffi-devel] Trivial GTK/CFFI test

ssmith tarka at internode.on.net
Sun Dec 11 09:45:00 UTC 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 07:39:57AM +0000, Luís Oliveira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Looking at your code, I have a couple of suggestions:

Cool, thanks.

> BTW, have you looked at cells-gtk?

I have, although briefly.  It looks neat from a software-engineering
view, but my feeling is it would be hard to develop a HIG-compliant
GTK app in it.  Good for code reuse if that was your goal though.

The "right" way to do a GTK lisp framework would probably be similar
to the PyGtk bindings.  CLG looks more like this method, but I only
discovered it last night soI need to take a closer look.  It may be
another good candidate for a CFFI port though.  However I'm a relative
newbie to Lisp.

BTW, has there been any thought on mapping C++ classes to CLOS?

Cheers,
Steve