[cells-gtk-devel] gtk first app

Johan Ur Riise johan at riise-data.no
Fri Jan 16 18:00:15 UTC 2009

I am going to write an application using cells-gtk. I have half-assedly
tried to compile the example a few times with varying success.

The goal is to make an application using sbcl on a 64 bit Ubuntu. I
compile sbcl from time to time from cvs, and I have normally threads and
unicode enabled.

I have the latest cells and the cells-gtk3 from cvs.

Is this a good plan, or is parts of this not supported?

Currently I get the error connected with unicode which has been
discussed in the mailing list:

The value of STRING is #(77 89 45 65 80 80), which is not of type
STRING.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-TYPE-ERROR]

Restarts:
 0: [STORE-VALUE] Supply a new value for STRING.
 1: [RETRY] Retry SLIME interactive evaluation request.
 2: [ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.
 3: [TERMINATE-THREAD] Terminate this thread (#<THREAD "worker" RUNNING
{1002BB99B1}>)

Backtrace:
  0: (SB-KERNEL:CHECK-TYPE-ERROR STRING #(77 89 45 65 80 80) STRING NIL)
  1: (CFFI:FOREIGN-STRING-ALLOC #(77 89 45 65 80 80))[:EXTERNAL]

the last tag in the cffi repository is 0.10.3 and the last patch is from
Thu Jan  8 22:54:16 CET 2009. Do I have the wrong cffi version?