[cells-gtk-devel] Re: Roberto

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 09:40:53 UTC 2008

Roberto,

> I'm looking forward for the
> release of cells-gkt³ , 'cause I think that this could really be a *great*
> development tool.

Well, don'T expect too much.  You'll hardly notice the difference
between cells 2.0 and cells 3 on the surface.  However, when you dig
deeper, you'll come to love it :-)

> I take a look at Glade (thank's, Dmitri... ;) ), and, yes,
> this is what I'd like to have, with all the bells and whistles, maybe because
> I'm really not a programmer and is much easy for me to visualize things
> instead of code them... ;) But I think that I'll don't use Glade, mainly
> because I really like cells-gtk for it's support for, ....well, cells

Well, maybe some time soon the open source fairy will present us with an
Glade-XML to cells-gtk-lisp parser.  We shall see.

> (and
> here, I admit that by now I don't really understand how Cells *really*
> works, 'cause I'm not very smart and I have to work hard, very hard, to find
> the solution, but something tells me that it's important for me, in the end,
> to grasp this knowledge... :) ).

Just work on a *real problem*  At some point you'll find yourself doing
certain tedious things, and out of a sudden you'll see the light.  I
find it hard to get the importance of a new tool without having a
problem I can use it for.

Cheers,
Peter