[cells-gtk-devel] cumulative patch

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 18:50:30 UTC 2008

I did a bit of refactoring of my changes to cells-gtk over the last
couple weeks and created a cumulative patch that adds all my changes to
a current CVS checkout.

The patch is available here:
http://www.washbear-network.de/peterblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/cgtk-full-08-01-19.patch

(I'm still waiting for my CVS privileges)

You might need to create a symbolic link in some path of your central
registry to ph-math/ph-math.asd to make this system asdf loadable.

The major changes are:

- All changes that require external libraries are now dependent on
*features* defined in cells-gtk.asd. By default, they are all
deactivated. THis includes threading, which now requires bordeaux-threads.

To activate threading, uncomment the line
; (pushnew :cells-gtk-threads *features*)
in cells-gtk.asd

- Implementation-dependent stuff resides now in gtk-ffi-impl.sbcl.
Currently this is only for the utf-8 handlers, because threading now
uses bordeaux-threads.

- Multithreading. Support start-win as an alternative to start-app to
start an application in a seperate dispatcher thread. The REPL remains
open and can be used to access and/or modify state. It is now built upon
bordeaux-threads and thus less implementation dependent.

- Cells-Tree-View. A treeview that corresponds to a cells family
structure. Each row represents one node in the tree. Editing is
supported.  There is an example in test-gtk

- Editable cells for tree-box and list-box. Just set (:editable t) in
the cell renderer. A callback function is called to handle the edit.

- Experimental utf-8 support on sbcl for output (titles, labels, etc.),
input (entry, editable list boxes), and file/directory dialogs.

- Preparation for drawing-area support using cairo and opengl. This is
still work in progress, but the files and *features* are already there.

- A few minor bug fixes: eval-when wrappers to prevent sbcl warnings,
fixing when-bind*, fixing hangs on close, and others.

More details (i.e. a summary over all affected files) can be found on my
blog: http://www.washbear-network.de/peterblog/

Peter