[cells-gtk-devel] Re: GUI programming in CL ..

Dmitri Hrapof hrapof at common-lisp.ru
Mon Jan 7 19:02:51 UTC 2008

Sorry for a late reply, just returned from Zagreb.

Peter Hildebrandt пишет:
> I have never tried this.  What is the reason you cannot mix the two?
> Does it not work, or is it some issue with the bindings?
I didn't delve too deep into Cairo/glitz/GtkGlExt, but I guess the
problem is that Cairo and OpenGL use different offscreen buffers which
are not readily reachable through existing APIs. So I could either use
single-buffered mode (and get flickering) or mix OpenGL and Cairo calls
(and get flickering, too).
They promise to add OpenGL support to future version of GTK, though.
> Again, thanks for sharing this.  This will save me from reinventing
> the wheel here.  Would it be ok for you if I use your bindings to
> integrate a GLDrawingArea widget in cells-gtk?
Of course.

Good luck,
Dmitri