[cells-gtk-devel] (test-gtk:gtk-demo) failed

Scott Brown doolagarl2002 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 11 14:06:56 UTC 2008

Peter

The demo now works, and displays the GTK  Testing window and tabs.
Everything in the demo seems to be working okay, as far as I can tell,
though it still prints some warning messages at the shell.

So, it's all fixed. Thanks for your help.

Scott

Peter Hildebrandt <peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com> wrote: Scott,

> Also, during the compilation process there are some warnings like
>
> WARNING: COMPILE-FILE warned while performing #
> #x19DC9229> on #.
> WARNING: COMPILE-FILE failed while performing #
> #x19DC9229> on #.
>
> and
>
> WARNING: EVAL: too few arguments given to FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY-FUNCTION:
>          (FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY-FUNCTION "g_free" (FFI::FOREIGN-LIBRARY
> :DEFAULT) NIL
>          (FFI:PARSE-C-TYPE '(FFI:C-FUNCTION (:ARGUMENTS (#:G34113
> FFI:C-POINTER)) (:RETURN-TYPE NIL) (:LANGUAGE :STDC))))

This is interesting.  At this point I am pretty sure your problem is not
with cells-gtk, but rather with the underlying cffi.  It looks like the
definitions of the gtk libs don't pass compilation properly, and the fact
that you keep getting the NIL function error both suggest that the binding
to the library does not work at all.

So let us investigate your CFFI:

- Did you install cffi 0.9.2 from here?
http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/
(The darcs version *and* older versions don't work!)

- Do you have clisp >= 2.35 as required by cffi (cf. their homepage)

I don't know how clisp handles compilation of source files .  SBCL creates
compiled files with the extension .fasl, and sometimes you need to remove
those manually, because otherwise the compiler uses outdated files.

Peter