[cells-gtk-devel] cells-gtk drawing-area widget

Martin Flack martin at martinflack.com
Sun Jun 10 04:56:42 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I've managed to get cells-gtk drawing-area to basically work. I'm
attaching the diff. A few notes follow.

In drawing.lisp I shuffled some stuff around and used the double colon
package selector to get it find all the symbols on first load. There may
be a slightly cleaner way to do this.

I fixed a bug where *window* was not bound on first run and caused an
error, but would be ok on later runs in the same Lisp image.

I made button1-down, button2-down, and button3-down all cells so that
you can use them as inputs in the cells-gtk framework.

For the future, I suspect that drawing-expose-event-handler could
probably be simpler and not call init-graphics-context each time? Also
drawing-pointer-motion-handler produces an effect but probably not quite
what was intended (the image is moved while you hold down the button,
but excess areas are not cleaned so it looks slurred along, and
subsequent tries move it from 0,0 again).

I'm on SBCL on Ubuntu 7.04.

Martin Flack