[cells-gtk-devel] Unable to load foreign library: X with cells-gtk-2006-06-30, SBCL, and FreeBSD

rd 162144 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 09:59:27 UTC 2006

I posted the following to comp.lang.lisp a few days
ago, and it was suggested that this list or the cffi
devel list would be more topical (and so here I am).

I'm very inexperienced with Lisp, and I'm trying to
poke around with cells-gtk.

I'm using SBCL-0.9.0 on FreeBSD6, installed from the
ports system.  I downloaded cells-gtk-2006-06-30 and
followed the INSTALL instructions.

The test TEST-GTK:GTK-DEMO fails with one of the two
following errors (they alternate):

      Unable to load foreign library: libgthread-2.0.so
      Unable to load foreign library: libglib-2.0.so

I manually did

      (cffi:load-foreign-library :GLIB)

and it returned T, although it complains about undefined
aliens.  After I did this, GTK-DEMO will only fail because
it can't load libgthread.

All of these libraries are in /usr/local/lib.  Any help
would be appreciated.