[cells-gtk-devel] Modal Dialogs

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 17:20:42 UTC 2006

I am trying to figure out how to show a modal dialog and return a
value.  In this case the modal dialog is a login prompt.

I have this:

(defmodel login-prompt (window)
  ()
  (:default-initargs
    :title "Login"
    :md-name :loginprompt
    :kids
    (list (mk-vbox :kids (list
      (mk-entry :md-name :username)
      ...other widgets...
      (mk-button :text "OK"
          :on-clicked
          (callback (widget event data)
              ...login processing...
              ...set return value/return from form...
)))))))

I have login processing done for the moment (still a little bit about
exception handling I need to mess with).  I just don't know how to
call the login prompt into existence and block execution until it
returns.

I know this shouldn't be as hard as it looks, but I am at a little bit
of a disadvantage.  I'm still learning cells, I havn't done much GTK,
and I'm recovering from doing a couple of years of .NET programming.

Any understanding you guys can provide would really help.  Once again,
I'll document whatever I can understand.

Shaun

--
Visit my blog at http://hackerlog.blogspot.com