[cells-gtk-devel] cells-gtk and sbcl

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Mon Mar 14 17:53:01 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 08:48, rm at fabula.de wrote:
> Well, i hade a quick glance at it (and spotted some problems) - i might
> have a closer look at it soon (but i'm about to get sick, so i can't
> promise any time- frame). Some problems found so far:

<snip>

>  - has _hardcoded_ pathes in the  test for library locations!

Of course if it going to look somewhere for the libraries, it needs to be told
where to look. Thus it is "hardcoded"

load.lisp reports an error if it can't find the libraries. That is a
reasonable behavior given the circumstances.

What can be improved upon, however is that it currently isn't enough to just
change the value in load.lisp. If it fails, gtk-ffi/gtk-ffi.lisp and/or
gtk-app.lisp must also be changed.  That should be fixed.

Your point about wildcard not being interpreted by sbcl's directory function
is well taken. Perhaps we can use logical pathnames, or is there a better
way?

--
Best Regards,
 - Peter