[cells-gtk-devel] hello-c with callback support for CMUCL

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Sat Apr 2 17:21:43 UTC 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 11:37, you wrote:
> > At the risk of sounding naive (heck, I am!) what do we mean
> > by "callback support" here?
>
> Some C-functions require a function pointer, which is called from the
> C-library. The callback mechanism allows to pass something like a pointer
> to a Lisp function, which when called from C, the Lisp function is called,
> see callbacks.lisp in hello-c and CL-Canvas (
> http://www.frank-buss.de/lisp/canvas.html ) for an example.

I see in defmacro ff-def-call :
 #+cmu
  `(progn
     (format t "WARNING: ff-def-call not impl (~s, ~s)~%" ,iname ,ename)
     , at body))

But I don't see where ff-def-call is used in cells-gtk.
cells-gtk uses ff-defun-callable a bit, but that is already defined for #+cmu.

Well, whatever. I'm sure Andras has an improvement in mind somewhere here.

--
Best Regards,
 - Peter