[cells-devel] can one make dependencies between models?

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 22:57:55 UTC 2012

> I am also very interested in the question posted just a few minutes ago.  I
> would like to build an automated way of generating a GUI front end my cell
> models.

I used cells-gtk3 for exactly this purpose, i.e. linking the
position/text/color of graphic elements to the state of cells models.

Depending on your objectives, some of the more complex widgets might
be very helpful:
- a treeview that reflects a hierarchical object structure (supporting
drag and drop if I recall correctly)
- a listview (grid) that shows slots of models in a list (can even be editable)
- a canvas (based on cairo) that can be populated by visual primitives
(boxes, circles, lines, text fields) that mirror cells models (e.g.
start point of a line can be linked to the position of a box, and if
the user drags/drops the box, the line follows like a connector)

Let me know if you have further questions.  I wrote a fairly complex
application using cells/cells-gtk (including a simple physics
simulator using cells-ode and opengl), and I'm happy to dig up sample
code if needed.

Peter