[cells-devel] How to get started?

Jim Prewett download at hpc.unm.edu
Tue Apr 17 17:18:07 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've recently stumbled across Cells and it sounds pretty interesting.  I'm
wondering how to get started learning about how to use Cells.  In general,
I've got several Lisp projects that could use a GUI and the various
Cells-based GUI projects look interesting to me.  I think I should
probably learn how to use Cells (at some basic level) before trying to
dive into one of the GUI packages.  Is there a Cells-based GUI package
that is currently preferred?

In general, I learn best by first following a simple example, then
modifying it to do my bidding.  Can someone show me how to get started?

I'm also wondering if someone can explain the difference between DEFMODEL
and DEFMD to me.

Thanks so much!,
Jim

James E. Prewett                    Jim at Prewett.org download at hpc.unm.edu
Systems Team Leader           LoGS: http://www.hpc.unm.edu/~download/LoGS/
Designated Security Officer         OpenPGP key: pub 1024D/31816D93
HPC Systems Engineer III   UNM HPC  505.277.8210