[cells-devel] bug in celtk

Frank Goenninger frgo at me.com
Fri Aug 14 15:50:01 UTC 2009

Am 14.08.2009 um 17:38 schrieb Andy Chambers:

> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Frank Goenninger<frgo at me.com> wrote:
>> Hi Kenny, hi Andy,
>>
>> Am 14.08.2009 um 16:07 schrieb Kenneth Tilton:
>>
>>> I do not have that code over here. Maybe FG committed something.
>>
>> I did. But that just extended the number of Mouse Button Down
>> handlers
>> (on-mouse-...). Also I do not see this behaviour in my Celtk copy.
>> I always
>> get on-command fired immediately.
>
> What version of tcl/tk are you using?  If you're on 8.4, this could
> confirm my
> theory.

Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 (as downloaded from ActiveState).

> My own copy has diverged somewhat from that in CVS so it's equally
> likely this
> is a problem of my own making :-)
>
> I sent an example earlier but forgot to CC the list.  I'll re-attach
> it here...
>
> (defmd test-buttons (window)
> (title$ "My Buttons")
> (kids (c? (the-kids
>            (mk-stack (:packing (c?pack-self))
>              (mk-stack ()
>                (loop for button-id in '(a b c)
>                   collect
>                   (let ((id button-id))
>                     (mk-button-ex ((symbol-name id) (format t
> "hitting button: ~a" id)))))))))))
>
> If you click "A", then "B", then "C", the console will print...
>
> ;;nothing when you click "A"
> "hitting button: A" ;;when you click "B"
> "hitting button: B" ;;when you click "C"

Using your code above I see the following here:

Click on "A" ->
0> defcommand >  ^on-command b5 nilhitting button: A

This comes before any other button is pressed ...

So, again, sorry to say: I can't duplicate it here.

Oh - btw - I discovered a "bug" in your on-hover patch: The hover-
timer slot in tk.object is defined as ":reader hover-timer" but should
be :accessor ... I'm sure you have it ok in your code base...

Cheers
    Frank