[cells-devel] CVS weirdness? Kenny weirdness?

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Wed Mar 26 23:48:38 UTC 2008

This just bit me (the default initarg):

(defmodel family (model)
   ((.kid-slots :cell nil
      :initform nil
      :accessor kid-slots
      :initarg :kid-slots)
    (.kids :initform (c-in nil) ;; most useful
      :owning t
      :accessor kids
      :initarg :kids)
    )
   (:default-initargs :fm-parent (when (boundp '*parent*) *parent*)))

I do not show that in any Cells backup other than one taken last night,
but CVS shows no updates by anyone but me recently.

Did I add that?! If not, I understand the motivation but it won't work,
given that dynamic variables are just "out there" which is great when
that is what we want but otherwise not so much, things meant to have a
nil parent suddenly pick one up.

fixing now.