[cells-devel] Newbie Friendly Fork of celtk

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Sat Mar 15 11:21:35 UTC 2008

Ken Tilton wrote:
> Andy Chambers wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've created a project for celtk development on
>>
>> repo.or.cz <http://repo.or.cz>
>>
>> I'll keep the master branch as a mirror of the celtk in cells (I'll
>> try to work out a way to automate this so it doesn't get out of
>> sync).  I've added another branch (linux) and committed the changes I
>> sent a few days ago.
>>
>> The intention is that folks here just continue to work as they do.  I
>> take any changes and forward them (in an asdf-friendly way if
>> applicable) to the git repo.  Maybe I'll even add some function
>> documentation.
>>
>> Its very much an experiment.  I'm pretty new to git and getting a bit
>> more familiar with celtk but I'd still say I'm a little wet behind the
>> ears.  Hopefully I can make it friendly enough that a few others will
>> jump in and help me out.
>

> Cool. But on the repo it says "Linux/SBCL Friendly". Is that literally
> true? An OS/Lisp implementation-specific fork of a portable GUI?
>
> Hmmm... :)

Perhaps I should offer more than Om. :)

A number of people have threatened to do what Peter Denno did for
Cells-Gtk and fire up a standalone Celtk project (or maybe he accepted
ownership of the project after I started it -- yes, I think so).

If enough (or one energetic) of those remain perhaps it is time? Then
you could merge your patches with the main version and keep moving
towards the light (a portable Lisp GUI).

I would continue committing anything I do to Celtk under the Cells
repository, mainly because I am too frazzled now to worry about keeping
Algebra stuff out of other libraries.

kenny