[cells-devel] Inheritance from model, not model-object?

Kenny Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Wed Jul 9 16:10:31 UTC 2008

Larry Clapp wrote:
 > On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 09:38:25AM -0400, Kenny Tilton wrote:
 >> As for getting more people interested: Cells picks up one new user
 >> every year, and it looks like you are the one for 2008 -- I have six
 >> months before I have to worry about finding another user.
 >
 > :)
 >
 > I am changing jobs soon, and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to build a
 > good business case for using both CL and Cells.  I use Lispworks, but
 > I might have to "settle" for ECL or SBCL.  We'll see.
 >
 > I'm especially hopeful re: Cells because we're gonna be building v3 of
 > an application that started life as an Excel spreadsheet.

I remember someone mentioning that a big problem in tall buildings was
the amount of business logic hidden in spreadsheets. I have this dream
fantasy of getting rich just by writing a parser that would convert a
spreadsheet to the equivalent Lisp/Cells application where they could
see the rules anyway.