[cells-devel] Re: cells and allegrocache.

Kenny Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Fri Jul 4 17:32:39 UTC 2008

I am responding by posting to cells-devel:

> I hope you don't mind I ask how or what is the best way to persist
cells in general.

There is nothing genersl, because the process involves understanding
Cells and ones persistent library and then writing several hundred lines
of cleverness to make them work together with very specific leverage of
the mechanisms offered by the persistence library.

  I believe for most people who use cells would also
want them to persist them somehow.

I loved it when I did it. Did you see my triple-cells hack? You build
the FFI to get to Redland RDF and use that for persistence. I like RDF
better anyway as a data model, perisstent or not.

And Allegrocache seems to be
complicated to be used with cells in this case.

Yes, it would be pretty tricky for anyone not versed in Cells, and even
then a solid amount of work. There is no magic hint to give you, it is
just a question of glue: how does one make two mechanisms work together?

cheers, ken