[cells-devel] Celtk: How to set title of Wish window and also name of app ?

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 10:36:00 UTC 2006

Ken Tilton wrote:

> Frank Goenninger wrote:
>
>> Another question:

>> Why does the title not get set via this default-initargs statement ?
>

> This is the same story: I just have not done anything yet to handle
> the window class itself.

It just occurred to me that you might well be wondering "So why the
$%^#@& is the title$ slot there?!". To be honest, I was wondering
myself. :) Then I noticed some code left over from when I did Celtic and
was not even using WITH-LTK from the LTK package (which is the LTK way
of initiating wish):

(defmodel window (composite-widget)
  ((wish :initarg :wish :accessor wish
     :initform (wish-stream *wish*)
     #+(or) (c? (do-execute "wish84 -name testwindow"
                     nil #+not (list (format nil "-name ~s" (title$
self))))))

So I kinda misdirected you by leaving that old title$ slot behind when I
did Celtk, which was meant to be more the LTk extension where Celtic was
a (radical) LTk fork. Aside: the Celtk defpackage import from Ltk
reveals that, in the end, only the LTk core got used by Celtk, but that
is worth something.

Anyway, now I see how I confused things for you by leaving behind that
vestigial code. Sorry for wating your time.