[Fwd: Re: [cells-devel] Celtk: How to set title of Wish window and also name of app ?]

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 13:19:46 UTC 2006

On 4/2/06, Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since there is only one Tk class like this, a fancy macro might not have
> much value. What we need is a bunch of:
>
> (defobserver title$ ((self window))
>    (tk-format '(:configure "title") "wm title . ~a" (or new-value
> "Untitled")))
>
> ...observers, one per "wm XXXX...." that might follow from a window
> attribute. Note that, unlike intervening during i-i, this works even on
> /changes/ to the title (which would be unusual, but for other window
> attributes perfectly normal. so let's hand;e the general case...

Anyway, if someone wants to code up the observers...

OK, got a good night's sleep, not feeling so lazy now. Look for me to fill
in this gap shortly. Trouble is I am already wreaking havoc on the
Canvas/Item component to suit my needs (fancier layout scheme that I expect
to use eventually for widgets as well) and it has already broken the demos
by not being compatible with the classic Tk scheme. I can /probably/ fix
that with a couple of carefully-placed if forms. we'll see.

ken