[cells-devel] tiny patch for running Cells 3 on CLISP

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 21:43:17 UTC 2006

On 4/1/06, Jack Unrue <jdunrue at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Kenny,
>
> As of CLISP 2.38 (if not earlier, I haven't checked), the
> #+clisp defun for slot-definition-name is no longer necessary.

Aha! I spotted that when cleaning up the code and had a feeling it could go.
Thanks for the patch.

With that commented out, motor-control.lisp runs fine.  Just
> thought you'd like to know :-)
>
> I'm starting to look at Cells 3 with my first experiment being
> to write a simple game as a demo for my Graphic-Forms
> project, using Cells as the data model of course.  I'll let you
> know how it goes.

Please do, and I will be happy to help if you get stuck. I try to make up
with support what I have omitted by way of doc.

Did you look at the Celtk module which is alongside Cells in the Cells
project repository? That may give you some ideas on how to proceed. Note
that Tk required a lot more handholding than I have encountered with other
systems, so Celtk may have complexities your set-up will not -- I guess to
be fair it is to be expected that driving an OO framework from a second
Cells-based OO framework will be harder than driving a purely procedural...
well, if you are using MFC, maybe not.

Anyway, let me know if you would like a second opinion on anything.

ken