CL-UNIFICATION Re: [cells-devel] Thought For Someone Who Would Use Cells to Do Prolog

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Thu May 26 18:53:53 UTC 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

> Marco Antoniotti writes:
>> As an aside, any Prolog implementation needs a good unification
>> routine.
>>
>> Now, you also want a good unification routine that does CL objects
>> properly.
>>
>> So you cannot help but using the CL-UNIFICATION package from
>> http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-unification
>>
>> I know it is a shameless plug, but you simply cannot avoid it :)
>
> Shameless but well timed, I hadn't realized that your cl-unification
> goes through slot accessors.  Very nice.

Yep.  That was the whole point of the exercise.

In the next version you will be able to do something like

	(unify #T(protocol t count-elements ?c get-minimum ?m) #S(tree <list
of semi-opaque slots>))
or
	(unify #T(protocol enum:enumerations current ?x next 42) #<ENUMERATION
....>)

where TREE can be manipulated by the functions COUNT-ELEMENTS and
GET-MINUMUM and ENUMERATION, NEXT and CURRENT are part of the
(shameless plug) CL-ENUMERATION library for common-lisp.net.

Cheers
--
Marco Antoniotti					http://bioinformatics.nyu.edu
NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group		tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488