[cells-devel] Logic Programming in Cells

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue May 24 15:46:13 UTC 2005

I was looking to build a Prolog-ish logic-programming layer on top of
Cells, and looking at how to do this, it looks like basic support
could be added to Cells itself pretty easily.  Here's what I'm
thinking.  We add a new type of Cell, let's call it a Generator.  Data
propogation proceeds as usual, but when we get to a Generator, we mark
this on a stack.  If evaluation of some formula calls FAIL, we go back
to the last Generator, evaluate it again, and resume data propogation
from there.  Any pending inputs from code that was backtracked over
would of course be thrown out.

Any thoughts?  It's a holiday here on thursday, so I'm thinking about
hacking on this then.