[cells-devel] Next Steps

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat May 7 21:30:55 UTC 2005

Kenny Tilton wrote:

> OK, the Cells CVS repository has been cleaned up and I am on the verge
> of making my first changes to Cells, so (a) beware and (b) anyone with
> a standalone tarball will soon be diverging from the official code.
>
> My first change will be an oddity: ephemeral cells, when reset, do not
> get the corresponding slot value reset. I have not made this change
> yet, so maybe it was that way for a reason? Hard to imagine.
>
> Second will be repairing the damage done to Synapses.

No, come to think of it second will be some easier work:

(a) a check that Cells is not *stop*ped, which will be avoidable with a
new special I will set when working under typical window manager
environments (a long story, wherein the app cannot be successfully
killed because the IDE keeps allowing OS events thru to application
windows).

(b) eliminate the check for looping in which one setf of a cell leads
back to setf of the same cell (the scroll bar scenario). I will leave
the code behind in case I decide to simply enhance cycle detection as
opposed to wiping it out entirely.

Then I will properly Unify Synapses with Cells, and beef up the test
suite a little.

Comments welcome.