[cells-devel] Release update

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon May 2 12:28:23 UTC 2005

I'm pretty much just waiting on an answer from the OpenMCL developers
telling me where we're supposed to be getting MOP functions from.  For
kicks, I checked Classic MCL this weekend, and it partially works.
One of the unbound-cells tests failed, and I didn't feel very inspired
to debug it.  That does mean it got pretty far through the test suite,
though.  When I get the answer back from the OpenMCL developers, I'll
update the candidate, and ask the couple of you who had problems with
it to see if it works.  Then, release :-)

Here's the implementations I think Cells supports:

Allegro, SBCL, LispWorks, CMUCL, OpenMCL.

MCL was formerly supported and should not be very difficult to get
working again.

What about CLISP?  Is it in the same category as MCL, or does anyone
use it?